Thursday, May 30, 2013

Roller coaster of a day

We had a great time at Coffee Pot and Tarzan's house in New Jersey and were happy to get back on the trail but sad to say goodbye. Luckily we got to see Patches and Tarzan because they came to the house even though they are a few days back on the trail. The trail was very steep and rocky in parts today. 
And we saw a rattlesnake. 
Then we took lunch at a visitors center by the highway we crossed and I took my wallet out to get a Coke. Later I was looking for my wallet and after searching everything I came to the conclusion that I left it at the visitors center. But I had some great luck. No one stole it, someone turned it in to the police. And the best part is that the police station was very close to the trail, a few miles north of where we were! 
But we also had some bad luck today. Our only chance of seeing a bear was shot down when we hit the trail side zoo and it was closed for the evening. The AT literally goes through this free zoo and we missed it, such a bummer. But then we crossed the Hudson on a sweet bridge and now we are camping. Oh and it finally got hot! It hit over 90 today and I quickly realized that 90 is better for chilling at the pool than hiking the AT.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment