Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I think I've got my trail legs...

I just broke a few milestones for hiking miles.
First marathon day... Check.
First 30 mile day... Check.
First 40 mile day... Check.

It might have been stupid but me, Tarzan, and Patches just pulled a 45.2 mile day into Woods Hole Hostel.
We did it in 13 hours and 20 minutes not including breaks.  We finished at 4:30 in the morning and right when we got in it started pouring rain. Thank you Virginia for your much easier terrain! This hostel is great! All of their food is grown here, even the meat.  This morning we had homemade bacon from one of their pigs, and I'm not exaggerating when I say it might have been the most delicious thing I have ever tasted.
Now we are just going to chill today and wait for Matt and the rest of the crew to come here today. They have to do 21 miles so it may be a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment